Biodegradable and recyclable
Natural bamboo handle sealed with an edible wax. Dual length soft to medium bristles. Packaged in a sealed recycled cardboard box
When you’ve finished with your toothbrush you can put it to another use, like cleaning your bike or jewellery. When it’s really done its dash, shave the bristles off and recycle.
The handle will break down eventually in compost. Can also be used as a garden marker.
The bamboo used in Go Bamboo products is Moso bamboo. This variety isn’t one of the 30 varieties eaten by the Giant and Red Pandas, as it is too large and woody.
By considerately planting more bamboo we can help to cut global levels of carbon dioxide and reduce global warming. By choosing bamboo as an alternative to plastic you are making an active choice to reduce your carbon footprint.
WHY USE BAMBOO
- can absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere between 7-30% more effectively than an equivalent area of forest
- emits up to 30% more oxygen than equivalent areas of trees
- has the tensile strength of steel
- needs no pesticides, fertiliser and isn’t routinely irrigated
- is strong, biodegradable and beautiful
- is fast growing with some varieties growing up to a meter a day
- has a yield six times greater than regular trees
- needs half as much water as regular trees
- doesn’t need fertilisers or pesticides
- has no genetically modified variants